Sunday, February 7, 2010

Getting the Ball Rolling

Well, as usual, a lot of time has passed since I have last updated. However, I do have good reason. Last Friday, when Mom and I left to go out of town, a snowstorm came to town and left us with about a foot of snow. As is that weren't enough, ANOTHER snowstorm came through Roanoke, VA, and left us with ANOTHER foot of snow, along with a little sleet and ice. Therefore, all I have been doing outside is feeding, throwing hay, checking over horses and fences for injuries, mucking out the overhang, wiping faces, and cleaning hooves. The horses are doing well, and seem to, for the most part, not mind the snow. I have had the opportunity to spend some time with them, just hanging out, and I have even sat on Charlotte and Woody's back while they eat their dinner.
I have been using this time to devote to my schoolwork (more than halfway done!!) and I have been reading and watching some horse material. I have also taken the first step toward my goal for the year of becoming, physically, the best version of myself I can be. I have embarked on the Wii Active journey, in which I will be doing countless squats, side lunges, arm lifts, etc. I had my first session yesterday, and my legs are extremely achey this morning! This is a good sign though, because it means that some muscles were activated that weren't used to being active yesterday. The program I am on has me do 4-5 workouts (about 30 minutes each) a wee, and in my rest days I plan to experiment with yet another Wii game, Daisy Fuentes Pilates. It is basically a virtual Pilates class that has you do different stretches, excercises, etc. that will help develop flexibility, engage your core, and develop your muscles. I am excited for this new fitness schedule, and can't wait to see the results and how they transfer over to my riding.
Other than that, not much is new here in Roanoke. It's officially the month of February, meaning my birthday is right around the corner, though! And also Mom and I "bought" our Parelli tour stop tickets for when they come to the VA Horse Center here in March (I say "bought" because they were free to Savvy Club members). I am looking forward to this event, I suppose, in that I haven't seen the Parellis in two years, and I look forward to seeing them work with their horses. Until Next Time!
~Eden

No comments: